Do you know these scholarships for study in Germany?
Germany, the land of academics and opportunities has achieved the status of one of the most popular country for international students for higher education. The quality of education and student friendly policies of the German government makes it cost cheaper yet productive destination compared to other developed countries like UK, US, Australia, etc. For foreign students who have the skills and academic intelligence to pursue studies in Germany but do not have enough finances to support, can apply for many of scholarships offered by both government and private bodies in Germany to study for free.
Government funded Student Scholarship Programs
DAAD stands for the German Academic Exchange Service. It is a German government body that offers many scholarships to foreign students at various levels of study programs. Some of the DAAD funded scholarship programs for Indian students are as follows:
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE)
- University Summer Courses
- Study Visits for Groups of Foreign Students to Germany
- Semester Scholarships for Students of Indian Institutes of Management (IIM)
- PhD Scholarships (Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany)
- IIT Master Sandwich Scholarships
- Study Scholarship for Foreign Graduates in the Field of Performing Arts
- Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance – PPGG)
- And many more
Erasmus+ is one of the largest government funded organization in EU for giving scholarships to foreign students. It is led by the European Commission. This organization provides financial grants against the living costs to students participating in student exchange program to study in Germany and other European countries.
Non-government funded Scholarship programs in Germany
There are many non-government funded scholarship programs for study in Germany. Some of them are as follows:
Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships (IIF) for Developing Countries
This fellowship program is to support candidates with an industrial doctorate degree, doing academic research along with work and other types of pioneering training that leads to career development.
Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship
Einstein fellowship program supports the international students who wish to pursue postdoctoral research at any recognized university of Berlin.
It is a merit based scholarship where the student receives €300 a month, provided they are exceptionally brilliant academically enrolled in a German university. Here the personal income and nationality factor does not affect your chances of getting the scholarship.
Other non-government funded scholarship programs:
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships
- Mawista Scholarship
- The Helmholtz Association
Other than these there are University-specific scholarship programs to study in Germany. Mostly all popular and recognized German universities provide scholarship. At the time of application submission aspiring students should go through the concerned website of university. Here are few names of such university specific scholarship programs:
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Masters Scholarships
- Ulm University Scholarships for International Students
- RWTH Aachen University scholarships
- HHL International MSc Scholarship for Effective and Responsible Leadership
- And many more.