TU Berlin – Courses, Admission Requirements & Application Process
The Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin) is a highly renowned research university located in the city of Berlin, Germany. It enjoys being one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Europe and was founded in 1879. Compared to other German universities, TU Berlin has the highest proportion of international students.
The university is acknowledged worldwide for its highly ranked engineering programs mainly in engineering management and mechanical engineering. The list of professors and alumni comprises of 10 Nobel Prize winners, 2 National Medal of Science laureates and US National Academics members.
TU Berlin, with students’ strength of almost 34,500, offers 100 different courses that are being taught at 40 institutes of the university. The research and teaching areas comprises of a wide range of academic disciplines, providing education in the fields of engineering sciences to natural science, economics, planning science, social sciences and humanities.
The core subjects taught through various undergraduate, graduate and Post Graduate levels are as follows:
- Automotive and Transport Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials Technology / Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Process Engineering / Chemical Engineering
- Regional (Development) Planning
- Natural Sciences
- Geosciences / Earth Science
- Computer Science
Procedure to apply for TU Berlin degree courses
1. Create a uni-assist account and get yourself registered there.
2. Log-in to your uni-assist
3. Fill in your personal and academic details
4. Create a new application for the university
5. Verify the information that has been uploaded
6. Print the application form
7. Submit the application electronically
8. Upload all the required documents.
Send a signed printed version of the application by traditional mail to uni-assist and attach authenticated copies of all uploaded official documents. Make sure that it reaches before the deadline date.
International students seeking admission to Masters Degree or double degree program need to submit the following documents:
- Signed online application form via uni-assist that you would get after completion of the online application.
- University degree certificate that includes subjects, grades and credit points and international degree certificate with translations.
- International students need to submit proof of their English proficiency, if their mother tongue is not English.
- Motivation letter and a portfolio
Masters Program at TU Berlin starts only in the winter term. The application deadline for the winter semester is usually 15th May. To know the exact date of the application deadline, consider referring to the university’s website regularly.
International Students Accommodation
University’s international office helps students find accommodation in Berlin. The city has many options of cheap living. You can also consider searching the internet for shared apartments.
The early stage researchers get enough support from TU Berlin. The efforts in this area are coordinated by TU-DOC office. International students from several different countries come to TU Berlin to pursue their research studies.